Ed-tech isn’t just about digitizing books and training manuals for a tablet. It’s about using technology to deliver new forms of learning and teaching. It’s about personalizing and accelerating learning for everyone, everywhere, at any time.
The Aspire Accelerator is open to any venture working to create technology to support students’ educational and career success.
That’s why we’re looking for game-changing solutions for real-world education challenges. If you’re an innovative ed-tech venture in the U.S., we want you to apply for the 2018 AT&T Aspire Accelerator.
The Aspire Accelerator’s mission is simple. It supports innovation that helps every student achieve a bright, successful future. Selected for- and non-profits receive financial investment, access to expert services and mentorship from both AT&T and external ed-tech thought leaders.
The application is open through Jan. 27. Once we choose participants, the program starts in April.
Aspire Accelerator is now in its 4th year. And previous participants are thriving.
Together, these participants have reached more than 10 million students and attracted more than $11.5 million in funding. CareerVillage.org has served career advice to half a million kids in the last 6 months alone. And LiftEd co-founder, Andrew Hill, was named to Forbes’ 30 Under 30’s Education list. The group recently expanded service to Hawaii to serve even more special needs students.
Our Accelerator companies have unique stories, diverse leadership and come from all over the U.S. Since launching in 2015, program participants have included 58% women-led companies and 37% minority-led companies. Over half the participants come from non-traditional tech hotbed cities.
Organizations have the chance to receive invaluable resources through the AT&T Aspire Accelerator customized program.
- Aspire investment – $100,000 AT&T investment and another $25,000 for each venture to cover costs of the program.*
- Mentorship – Get access to an Entrepreneur in Residence and AT&T and external mentors from education and technology.
- Resources – Receive UI/UX design services and opportunities to attend education conferences.
- National platform – Be part of the broader AT&T Aspire initiative. Network, impact, and make a real difference.
- Flexible location – It doesn’t matter where you are. Take part without relocating.
Leading education and tech innovators make up our external board of advisors. Learn about them here.
The Aspire Accelerator is open to any venture working to create technology to support students’ educational and career success. And if your solutions are for underserved students, you’ll receive special consideration.
Areas of innovation may be:
- Mobile apps that drive education outcomes.
- Platforms for teachers, students or parents.
- Learning and curriculum management tools.
- Assessment and outcome tracking platforms.
- Increased access for existing best practices.
If you’re interested in applying or want to learn more, go to att.com/aspireaccelerator.
We’re excited to work with the 2018 class to bring more solutions to reality for students and educators across the country.
*For non-profit companies, the investment will be a general contribution. They receive this in exchange for participating in the Aspire Accelerator and meeting certain requirements, including submitting impact measurements.